Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week 26: Finish Line in Sight

We made it safely back to Hong Kong after the Taiwan trip and settled back at home in Hong Kong, where we will be staying put until little K's arrival.

Week 28 is the first milestone I have in mind, and we are two weeks away from that goal - that is when pre-term babies have a much better chance of survival.  Of course the longer he wants to stay inside the better, but at least the risk is already much reduced at that stage.

Of course with the end of the second trimester approaching, the word "comfortable" seems to be further away from the reality of pregnancy.  I am already feeling my lower back aches, and the weight of my tummy seems to be pushing down on all the internal organs whatever their positions are at this point.  Sleep continues to be a problem but at least I am able to catch up on my rest during the day with the flexible work arrangement I have.  

Little K is so active now I often wonder what sort of performances he is actually putting up in my belly, I feel him left right and center sometimes all at the same time -- I wonder if I am actually carrying an octopus?

The other bit of good news is at the doctor's visit yesterday we discovered my stubborn placenta didn't seem so stubborn afterall, it did move slightly to the right side.  Even though it still covers the cervix and would still be considered a placenta previa, but the condition has certainly improved compared to 4 weeks ago when it even seemed impossible to the doctors that the placenta will move away at all.  Let's hope the expanding uterus keeps pulling it further up, up and away!  While the risk persists, I am allowed very little activity under mic's watch.  I had no idea mic would be so conversative!  Even walking on the slopes where the surface is not quite flat is frowned upon.  Sometimes I feel my energy being trapped all inside, dying to be doing something more active, but again, mic has a good point -- with the finish line so close in sight, why take the risk?


2 comments:

  1. 我站在Mic那邊, 再忍一下下囉!! 等little K出生, 他會給你很多機會運動的.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 加油! all the energy trapped inside will be passed onto Little K and you would wish you had more energy after he is born... haha!

    ReplyDelete