I was still nervous last night. It felt like I was heading to a big exam the next day. And I was.
The examination at the doctor's went well. At 12 weeks 5 days, the baby is now at a healthy 6cm from head to rump. This doctor specializes in prenatal screening, so by the preliminary high definition scan, we ruled out most of the genetic disorders with an 80% certainty. There's another blood test which will be 99% accurate for diagnosing the most common three genetic disorders, and the results come after another 2-3 weeks. But for now, everything is looking good.
One little exception, is that the X-man genes in this family is running strong. The doctor found an extra finger on the left hand. Luckily it looks less developed than Jack-Jack's fully formed finger on the right, so it should be an easier procedure. I feel like we are already such experts on this, knowing which doctor that specializes in the surgery and the news didn't really make me feel anything but a little funny. As long as the baby is healthy, everything else really doesn't matter. I said to Mic at least you know this is your daughter for sure and they didn't mess up the embryo transfer, since your genes are really running strong in your offsprings.
We also found out that we are having a little girl. I didn't have any expectations about the sex of the baby this time. Last time I kind of really wanted a little girl, but we got Jack-Jack, and it made me really enjoy having a little boy around. This time I was sort of thinking it would be convenient to have a little boy again, we have all the gear and clothes that we can re-use, but I guess we can re-use them anyway. What does a little baby know/care about what he/she is wearing. Maybe not the "chics dig scars" shirt though.
It felt like all this was meant to be. Around 10 years ago when Mic and I first wanted to have kids, we already picked out a name for a boy and a name for a girl. We used "Jack" on our little boy, and now it seems that the other name has found its perfect and rightful owner.
The other good news is with the sign off from the doctor, we will be going ahead with our summer travel plans. Taiwan and Europe, here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment